February in our area has been quite full of cold, snow, and ice! But we have enjoyed much warm fellowship at the same time. We thank the Lord…
- We have had some visitors attend several services.
- The ladies did a great job having a baby shower for the Ham family. Thank you, ladies! ? Of course, we are thankful for all the gifts received. But we are especially thankful for the godly fellowship and the challenge from God’s Word. Please pray as Lord willing March should bring the official arrival of not just spring but of Amelia Jane Ham as well!
The breakfast on February 14 during Sunday School in celebration of the love of Jesus Christ was also a great blessing. Thank you to the men who did a great job with this again this year. I forgot to get pictures ☹.
Our Men’s Retreat ended up being attended by 19 men from 3 different churches. Several of us agreed that it was our best retreat yet – great fellowship, great food (even steak! ?), but again the best thing was God’s Word – both encouraging and challenging our hearts.
Please pray with us…
- Pastor Josh and I have had several opportunities and divine appointments to meet with different people, including several counseling God and His Word are all sufficient to meet all our needs and it is exciting to watch His Word work in ours and others’ lives.
- Our 3-on-3 Basketball Outreach is scheduled for Saturday, March 20. We have invited several men that may not be saved. Please pray for: a good community response to this, safety from illness and injury, tender hearts, and God’s Word to go forth in His power as Pastor Josh preaches.
- For several reasons, we have not restarted our after-school Master Clubs It has been a significant outreach to children, and we desire to begin well. Lord willing, we will have a Master Club awards service on a Sunday evening in April to bring some closure to our interrupted year of clubs. Then we have begun praying and planning for VBS this summer and hope to start Master Clubs fresh and strong in the fall. Again, we appreciate your prayers as we seek to reach out to our community effectively.
- Resurrection Sunday is coming soon! Some special plans for music are already underway and we are looking forward to rejoicing in a special way again. We serve a risen Savior Who has victory over sin, death, hell, and the grave! Please continue to pray for the Peacock family as I just had the privilege to serve them at a very snowy committal service on Monday.
Here are 2 verses from my Bible reading this morning that I believe will be a blessing to you too:
- And they spake unto Moses, saying, The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work, which the Lord commanded to make; Exodus 36:5.
- Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost; Romans 15:13.
On another personal note, my son Nathan and I are working through a book together, entitled Loving the Way Jesus Loves. It is stepping all over my toes. It is based on 1 Corinthians 13 and other Scripture. Here are some things to think and pray about…
- What matters most is not how gifted we are but how loving we are.
- We are nothing without love.
- Jesus does nothing without love.
- When we know Jesus, He will help us love the way that He loves.
These are good thoughts as we meditate on our 2021 theme of biblical love and Ephesians 3:19, And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. As we finish out the month of February, let us not stop asking the Lord to help us to continually grow in Him, which means to continually grow in biblical love.
Your prayers are appreciated!
We are continuing to pray for you too.
And… we love you and thank you for loving us!
In Christ’s Love,
Pastor Tom & Wanda MacAvoy